What are the signs of good mental health?
You probably have good mental health if:
- you are confident when faced with new situations or people.
- you feel optimistic.
- you do not always blame yourself.
- you set goals.
- you feel good about yourself.
- you have good self esteem.
Why is a good mental health important?
It affects how we think, feel, and act as we cope with life. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood and aging.
What are the 5 characteristics of good mental emotional health?
The Characteristics of Good Mental/Emotional Health
- Positive self-esteem.
- Sense of belonging.
- Sense of purpose.
- Positive outlook.
What is example of mental health?
Mental illness, also called mental health disorders, refers to a wide range of mental health conditions — disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.
How do you maintain good mental health in college?
Ways that college students can manage mental health
- Take care of health and well-being. …
- Time management. …
- Keep track of mental health concerns. …
- Surround yourself with good people (even if it’s virtually) …
- Practice mindfulness. …
- Avoid drug and alcohol use. …
- Find ways to get involved. …
- Utilize mental health services.