What words relate to mental health?
WORDS RELATED TO MENTAL ILLNESS
- mental disorder.
- mental illness.
What are the 5 examples of mental health?
This page lists some of the more common mental health issues and mental illnesses.
- Anxiety disorders. …
- Behavioural and emotional disorders in children. …
- Bipolar affective disorder. …
- Depression. …
- Dissociation and dissociative disorders. …
- Eating disorders. …
- Obsessive compulsive disorder. …
What are some examples of mental health?
Mental illness, also called mental health disorders, refers to a wide range of mental health conditions — disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.
What are the two 2 key points used to explain mental health?
Two aspects of mental health are considered here: mental wellbeing (positive mental health) and mental health problems.
What are the 4 types of mental health?
Some of the main groups of mental disorders are:
- mood disorders (such as depression or bipolar disorder)
- anxiety disorders.
- personality disorders.
- psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia)
- eating disorders.
- trauma-related disorders (such as post-traumatic stress disorder)
- substance abuse disorders.
What are the 3 most common mental illnesses?
3 Most Common Mental Health Disorders in America
- Anxiety disorders. …
- Major depressive disorder. …
- Bipolar disorder. …
- Access Community Health Network (ACCESS)
What are mental health needs?
‘Mental health needs’ is a vague term usually mentioned as a justification for the development of a mental health service or program. The term might be referring to the needs for care that should be provided to people who have mental disorders.
What are the most common mental health issues?
Common mental health problems
- Generalised anxiety disorder.
- Panic disorder.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
What are the five signs of mental illness?
The five main warning signs of mental illness are as follows:
- Excessive paranoia, worry, or anxiety.
- Long-lasting sadness or irritability.
- Extreme changes in moods.
- Social withdrawal.
- Dramatic changes in eating or sleeping pattern.