What are the factors affecting poor emotional health?
Diseases, injuries and other physical problems often contribute to poor mental health and sometimes mental illness. Some physical causes (such as birth trauma, brain injury or drug abuse) can directly affect brain chemistry and contribute to mental illness.
What are some emotional factors?
Emotional factors include:
What are two factors that affect your mental emotional health?
Factors that can affect your mental health
- relocation or death of your spouse, family member, partner or friend.
- living on your own.
- poor family connection.
- difficulties socialising and feeling like you don’t belong.
- feelings of loss or grief.
- poor physical health or frailty.
What are five emotional wellness factors?
This includes forming and maintaining satisfying and healthy relationships, taking another’s perspective, resolving interpersonal conflict, feeling capable and whole, expressing emotions, navigating stress and having a positive sense of self—including developing a healthy sense of identity related to race and ethnicity …
What are 10 different factors that can affect our mental health?
For example, the following factors could potentially result in a period of poor mental health:
- childhood abuse, trauma, or neglect.
- social isolation or loneliness.
- experiencing discrimination and stigma.
- social disadvantage, poverty or debt.
- bereavement (losing someone close to you)
- severe or long-term stress.
What factors influence our health?
Health is influenced by many factors, which may generally be organized into five broad categories known as determinants of health: genetics, behavior, environmental and physical influences, medical care and social factors. These five categories are interconnected.
What is emotional effect?
Emotional effects may include: depression. increased anxiety. mood swings (emotional lability) changes in self-esteem.
What affects mental and emotional health?
Depression, anxiety, stress, poor body image, grief, loss, a major change in your life such as becoming a new parent can all affect your mental and emotional health and day to day living.
What are 3 positive factors that affect mental wellness?
Ways to maintain positive mental health include:
- Getting professional help if you need it.
- Connecting with others.
- Staying positive.
- Getting physically active.
- Helping others.
- Getting enough sleep.
- Developing coping skills.
Social factors that can influence mental health include race, class, gender, religion, family and peer networks. Our age and stage, and the social roles we have at any time in our life all contribute to this.
What is emotion health?
Key message. Emotional health is about how we think and feel. It is about our sense of wellbeing, our ability to cope with life events and how we acknowledge our own emotions as well as those of others. It doesn’t mean being happy all of the time.
What are the 7 indicators of emotional wellness?
7 Signs of emotional wellness
- You are comfortable with who you are. …
- You are adaptable and resilient. …
- You have positive relationships with the people in your life. …
- You have a sense of purpose. …
- You take care of your physical health. …
- You are comfortable saying ‘no. …
- You make time to relax.