Topics examined in social psychology include: the self concept, social cognition, attribution theory, social influence, group processes, prejudice and discrimination, interpersonal processes, aggression, attitudes and stereotypes.
Social psychologists use correlational research to look for relationships between variables. For example, social psychologists might carry out a correlational study looking at the relationship between media violence and aggression.
Social Psychology Research Topics
- Aggression. What social factors are involved with the development of aggressive thoughts and behaviours? …
- Attachment and Relationships. …
- Attitudes and Attitude Change. …
- Authority and Leadership. …
- Groups. …
- Prejudice. …
- Pro- and Anti-Social Behaviour. …
- Self and Social Identity.
What are some hot topics in psychology?
Hot Topics! From Psychology Today
- Immunize Yourself Against Anxiety and Excessive Stress. …
- How Sleep and Self-Control Relate to Wasting Time at Work. …
- Why Some People Can Never Admit They’re Wrong. …
- Rising Temperatures Could Worsen Mental Health. …
- What Happens When In-Person Socializing Meets Smartphones?
Social psychologists are interested in all aspects of personality and social interaction, exploring the influence of interpersonal and group relationships on human behavior.
Social psychology focuses on three main areas: social thinking, social influence, and social behavior.
As you can see in Table 1.4, “Three Major Research Designs Used by Social Psychologists,” there are three major approaches to conducting research that are used by social psychologists—the observational approach, the correlational approach, and the experimental approach.
What are the 5 types of psychological research?
The Five Methods of Psychological Research
- Naturalist Observation.
- Survey Method.
- Case Study.
- Correlational Design.
- Experimental Method.
Social psychology is a broad field that asks questions such as:
- How do we perceive others?
- How do we think about others?
- How do others think about us?
- How is our behavior influenced by others, both individually and in groups?
Social psychology is a fascinating topic that has yielded a great deal of research on how people behave in groups. In many cases, the results of several famous experiments contradict how you would expect people to act in social situations.
What are the best topic in research?
Other great research paper topics:
- Social media.
- Social issues.
What topics in psychology need further research?
Psychology Research Topics for Undergraduate Students
- Eating disorders.
- Short-term memories.
- Attention seeking.
- Speech disorders.
- Problem-solving capabilities.
- Judgmental behavior of society.
What topics do psychologists study?
Psychology is the scientific study of how people behave, think and feel. Psychologists study everything about the human experience from the basic workings of the human brain to consciousness, memory, reasoning and language to personality and mental health.